Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Metaphor

A² is, of course, a metaphor. An allegory. Right now, in my life, it's a powerful one and one I'm actively cultivating.

We had a wonderful visit. I'm exhausted and will probably need a month of introversion to recover, but it was worth it. I did make it to Zingerman's (everyday and twice on Saturday) and brought back scones for next weekend.

Metaphors like this are good as long as the line between them and what they represent is maintained clearly. I've learned that lesson with heroes so painfully that I may never need to learn it again.

It seems that it is very important for me to learn that life in exile can be very blessed and I am to work at it becoming so. Not A² is also a metaphor (that's one reason why I'm not naming it - its name is beside the point, though perhaps that is offensive to those for whom it is home). It is full of glorious potentialities.

Jeremiah 29:11-14

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Stu said...

To avoid confusion, I suppose I should make clear that A² and Not A² are, in fact, real places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home