Sunday, September 10, 2006

Imago Dei

I went to church at Imago Dei this morning. It means 'Image of God' (you probably knew that). It was very nice. They met in a high school auditorium and there were about 400 - 500 people, I'd guess. The service was low-key with good music and an excellent sermon. I can see why Don Miller likes the Pastor. He was direct, authentic, and without pretense. None of my highly tuned unhealthy religion alarms went off. They seem very intent on mission, which is good and they are clearly active in genuine outreach.

Based on what I experienced this morning, I could go there. I'm very glad I went.

5 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. It's so cool to get to visit a place you've read about. Did you get to meet Don? Wishing I was there, maybe some trip. Given the parallax of our diverse universes, our nows might need to converge a bit earlier tonight! ;-)
We miss you... Love Gem

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Chris Stauffer said...

I love going to church when traveling. It's so fun to be an observer and an insider at the same time.

On another topic: <3 is a heart, though I like to think of it as a little butt....sorry, Beth. ;)

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you find the dang cord??????????????????????????????????????????????? im getting impatient, but i love you

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Stu said...

mommy stauffer is one of my favorite people. Everyone should have a mommy stauffer in their life.

So, mommy, how is it having an empty nest? Or, are one of the guys at home? Is your daughter doing well?

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Stu said...

patience is a virtue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home