Thursday, September 21, 2006

Operatic Bowz



Recently, Reeses has taken to 'singing' when I play certain music. Here, you can see him joining in with the tunes, in this case the fourth movement of Mahler's 3rd symphony. Of course, this is just another way he can annoy me. I know it is intentionally done for that purpose.

I'm particularly displeased about his doing so to the Mahler.

I'm into classical music. I greatly admire Mozart, Beethoven and Bach. I find Stravinsky and Shostakovich very stimulating. Brahms really strikes a chord with me (sorry) and certain requiems and the music of Arvo Part are significant aspects of my spirituality.

But, Mahler I adore. I could explain why, but doing so hasn't made anyone else like his music more (well, maybe Lisa a bit). It's a lonely adoration.

And, now I've got a @^%$*x& sing-a-long bowz! In the words of my bros: "Gee, dat's blessed". It's a good thing he doesn't carry on during the fifth movement which, for me, may be the most spiritually inspiring music ever created. The result wouldn't be pretty.

Why is it that all of my interests are so esoteric?

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Stu said...

Other profoundly spiritual music is Gorecki's 3rd Symphony.

If you need a sonic stress reliever, that would be it.

Right, Boolie?

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I love the BOWZ! He is very talented... you should take him on David Letterman, Oprah, Jerry Springer or something. Maybe his own reality show?

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yessss! i got matt into it too...

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Stu said...

A bowz reality show, huh?

Gives new meaning to Fear Factor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home