Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Same as it ever was

Lately, I've really been enjoying The Talking Heads greatest hits CD. I tend to like their 'powerful' songs (surprise?) like 'Burning down the house', 'Life in Wartime' and 'Once in a Lifetime'.

"There's water at the bottom of the ocean."

Don't think they'll supplant Mahler anytime soon, but...

So, a week and a half ago, I put 'Burning down the house' on at high volume (sorry, Eric and Charlie). Next thing I know, Chris has gotten out his disco ball and...


Ain't nobody bad like you, Chris.

Speaking of same as it ever was, who is that scrounging under the table?

8 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Stu said...

I really get a kick out of that line (There's water...).

Yeah, I've always had an odd sense of humor. Ask my sister.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Stu said...

Mentioning both my brother and sister in the same post.

I guess I miss them.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Looks at those moves!

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic chris. i miss himmm

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I have grown to love quite a lot of music that I would never have heard let alone loved since I've been loving you! Mahler's resurrection symphony is definitely a spiritual experience.
Music is just one way that you have enriched my life in ways I would never have known otherwise
from our golden oldies as kids to the classics, and Talking Heads too! MUAH <3, XXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Stu said...

OK, if we keep this up, I'll need to rename this blog "The Mush Gush" ;-)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Funny, Mom posts on dad's blog too...weird...

by the way, dad's blog: nerdsanon.blogspot.com

Fitting eh?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Stu said...

I bet that your Dad's blog is not so mushy :-)

I've never considered your Dad a nerd. Not even a geek.

I'm much more of a nerd than your Dad.

Thanks for his blog. I'll check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home