Thursday, September 28, 2006

Favorite Pic


I love this picture! The event was a first communion for these kids. They had done a great job in the service and were great during the serious pictures, so my friend Hagrid (that's what I call him. More about him in another post) let them have a goof-off shot. It's not the hijinx of the kids (though that is fun) or the fact that I look like I have an anchovy over my upper lip. No! No!

It's Pastor Mossman. The fact that he chose a look of consternation is as perfect as it is out of character. I just love it.

Pastor Mossman, in the years he served our church in A2, became a good friend. He was the first older man in my life to treat me as, basically, an equal. That meant a lot to me. He took on a very difficult task - pastoring a church which really was a bit of a mess at the time - and, through patience and wisdom, steered us to a much better place. The care he gave my family during Jon's illness was amazing. It was an honor to serve on his pastoral team.

I think I've seen him once or twice since we left A2. After his time at C&R, he started a well deserved retirement and moved away.

The kids are all grown up and saving China.

Oh, and that's Andrew on my arm.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Stu said...

No, the kids didn't become missionaries. That's a Mulan reference.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Ha, I got your reference.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Stu said...

Very good, Linds. Do you get why I called the post 'Psycho Killer' (besides the Talking Heads reference)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home