Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend guest or... ?


He came running as soon as I started shaking the yogurt container, as I knew he would. I placed the lid yogurt-side up and watched with my usual small pleasure as he scooted it around the floor, licking the yogurt off.

He dispensed with the yogurt quickly and, looking up at me, said "We gotta talk. Sit down". The curled lip, the not-so-subtly exposed bicuspid, and the stationary tail made it clear that I'd better do as told.

"OK, it's like this, see. You know that lady who's been here the last few days?".

'ML?', says I.

"Dat's the one. It's about time someone treats me with the attention and affection that I deserve."

'She does seem to be very fond of you', I said.

"Right. Cut the small talk. She needs to move in. So does that tall guy. I need someone to do tug of war with."

'Well, it's true that you are a bit neglected..'

"You won't go there, if you knows what's good for you.", he barked.

'But ML is married..'

"Her husband can move in, too."

'I'm not sure we have enough rooms. What will we do when Beth comes home?'

"Not a problem. You can stay in that little house in the back."

With that, he walked away, toenails clicking. "Make it happen.", he said with a growl.

8 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Stu said...

Just to be clear. Reeses never acts like a mobster (well, maybe if you're a chipmunk).

It's just a literary device for conveying who the real alpha-male is in the family.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno, reeses is a shady character, and iv heard some things about his history in ann arbor. what about that rabbit he wacked for snooping around your house. i think your living in denial Mr Ebert

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Stu said...

Wouldn't be the first time.

Alas, not likely to be the last, either.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Stu said...

Anyone care to come to the defense of the bowz?

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I think he's cute :)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Stu said...

He's definitely the best chick magnet I've ever run across.

Not that I have need of a chick magnet, mind you.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger marylou said...

I feel so honored, I'm going to have to break my habit of lurking. Tell that puppy of yours that I'm still brushing black hair out of my clothing, and Memphis still isn't speaking to me. I think he's jealous. We sure did have fun (and I'm not talking about me and the bowz). Have you bought Lisa a kayak yet?

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Stu said...

ML, shhh!

That's supposed to be a surprise!

;-)

I'm glad this post had its intended effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home